Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

I need to have my Kindle 1 droped, only have a Kindle

Customer Question

I need to have my Kindle 1 droped, only have a Kindle Paperwhite. Please correct your records. I cannot receive books on my Kindle 1. WHY?????
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

If you are no longer using your old kindle, you'll need to deregister or remove it from your amazon account.

There are a few steps for this, which you will need to do on your computer, on amazon.com

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

go here:

http://amzn.to/1N8muYQ

On this page, click on the DEVICES tab at the top middle,

There you'll pick the old kindle1, and then deregister

then you can from there set a default kindle, by picking the paperwhite and choosing set as default (so all new purchases go to it). You can do this even if you don't want to remove/delete the old one.

After that, reboot the new kindle by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, and it should operate normally from there.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1gHgwli

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,