Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I my kindle froze, I switched if off by holding start

Customer Question

I my kindle froze, I switched if off by holding start button, now I just have kindle screen and it doesn't seem to be able to turn back on
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.

Even if it does not look like it is charging and even though it may be fully charged charge it using a different wall outlet than you normally do (a different room is best) for at least 10 minutes.

Do not skip that even if it is fully charged from you already plugging it in, it is important to do it.

It sounds like the firmware may be frozen try this and let me know the results hold the power switch for at least 60 seconds.

Try this at least 6 times.

The firmware can sometimes get frozen the same way that a computer will occasionally.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It did not work. There is the kindle picture on the front, and that goes off and comes back on wether you are touching it or not
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

It is impossible for you to have tried it without skipping the part I specifically said not to skip even if it is charged. At the very least it should have taken you 15 minutes. You replied to me within 5, please repeat the steps and do not skip anything.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The orange charge light is on but I will need to go out shortly. Can I contact you later.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Yes you can take all the time you need to try this just let me know the results when you can. To get back to me go to justanswer.com and look under my questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you. ***** being charged or only if you fix it.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

I have no control over billing, but it is possible you will need a part in order to fix this and that does not make this site free. If you end up needing a part I will explain which part as well as where to get it and how to replace it. Hopefully though that will not be necessary.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I am back, no distractions now. I have done the charging, properly and done the 60 seconds holding down button 6 times.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had this kindle less than 12 months.