Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Paper light refuses to charge

Customer Question

Paper light refuses to charge
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. have you tried a different charger yet? Does a light come on when connected to the charger?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The orange charging light just flashes when charger is plugged in
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Ok that means it is not connecting fully to the port. Blow out the port if you have canned air duster that is best to clean it. Then plug it in to a different outlet than you normally do even if this one is working with other devices. When the charger is in, push the cable on the end connected to it at an angle and see if you can get the light to stay on. When the cable is connected properly and able to charge the Kindle it will stay on. If the same thing happens you need to try a different cable. A lot of cell phones and tablets use the same type of charger, so if you have any of those you may be able to test with their chargers. If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys - it is greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok tried a new charging cable and light now stays on
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Ok good leave it charging for 10 minutes then hold the power button to turn it on. It should turn on and be charging properly. This unfortunately though means your other cable is no longer good. If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys - it is greatly appreciated.