Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My Kindle Fire is a little over 2 years old. I was charging

Customer Question

My Kindle Fire is a little over 2 years old. I was charging it last night and when started to use it the screen was totally black. What do you think the problem, I do love my Kindle and use it every day, so hopefully it can be fixed.
Thank you, ***** *****
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 25 seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot. If this does not cure the issue, oftentimes the reset procedure needs to be repeated several times for it to force a reboot.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

NOTE:
_____

This clears up the issues you're having 90% of the times, but in the rare case that it does not, the problem may go deeper than a software issue. If this is the case, please reply back, and I will continue to assist you.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please keep in mind that we are all independent Techs on here, working on our own time, and are only credited a portion of the deposit one we are rated POSITIVELY.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
far that has not corrected the problem, still black screen. Sorry I have not replied earlier I had a doctor appointment and had to run an errand.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply- and no worries. Did the screen attempt to flash- even for a second after waiting a minute once the power switch was released?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The kindle did not attempt to flash and I have consistently tried to reboot, charge several times, tried to again turn on and nothing happens.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, this is a hardware issue with the Kindle and requires service to the device, if the screen will not even come up then there's no settings you can adjust to correct this. The site below is a 3rd party Kindle servicer that repairs these units:

http://www.missionrepair.com

I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.