Dr. Fix-It
Dr. Fix-It, Technician
Experience:  ... its a whole library in your hands.
2926636

Is this kindle tech

Customer Question

is this kindle tech
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'm an Independent Tech. Please send a reply back so that I know you're with me and can see my replies.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am here..but really..I am old I would like to speak to you on phone is that POSSIBLE.
My question is easy for you but not for me..
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

The site charges extra for a phone call and I do not use that feature. Can you simply reply back here with what the problem is that you're having with your Kindle?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok but I am old and you will have to walk me thru this. my 12 yr old son forgot to buy a book for school
that he has to have tomorrow. I can't find it anywhere, so I want to buy it from amazon and put it on my kindle.
BUT!!! I have a lot of racy books on it. I want to park these books somewhere for 3 days and get them back..do you get it??
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I don't have any details on what you're trying to do. I'm sorry, but I will need to opt out- which simply opens the question for other Experts to assist. Please do not rate at this point, as it may hinder another from participating in this dialog. If you're not interested in any further assistance with this problem, you can self-refund by simply checking the HELP link below, or contacting Customer Service from the Home Page.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/topics/142

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I need to speak to someone tonight
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could someone please call me
Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Shaw aka Dr.Fix-It , Your online expert ready to assist you... You can simply delete your other books from your Kindle and just install the one book... once done with it, can re-select the book from your archive / cloud to reload it and continue reading where last left off.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I hate to sound stupid but how do I know that the books aren't gone forever
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't think I have ever put anything on the cloud
Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 1 year ago.

All your Amazon Kindle purchases remain backed up on your account online, so even if delete from your Kindle are always available to be reloaded when you wish.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do I delete
Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 1 year ago.

Whenever you buy a book from Amazon it is automatically in your Kindle Library connected to your Amazon account which is what they call the 'cloud'. What model is your Kindle?

Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 1 year ago.

Is it a black and white basic model with a 3-way controller at the bottom or touch screen or color Kindle Fire?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am really embarrassed...I've had it for 2 3 years
Color ouch screen
Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 1 year ago.

ok if color then it is the Kindle Fire...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a lot of movies and a ton of books
Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 1 year ago.

Just place your finger on the book title and should get an option displayed to delete it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ohh you know what...they are audio books. does that change anything
Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 1 year ago.

no as long as you purchased the audio or ebook, movie or app from Amazon it will be backed up online and ok to delete fromthe device now...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok I put my finger on audio book and it is asking me if I want to remove from device
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am trying right now..
Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 1 year ago.

ok any progress...

Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 1 year ago.

Hi sorry had some internet issues, were you able to delete the books from the device ?

Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 1 year ago.

By removing the books from the device they cannot be accessed unless reloaded back onto the device from the cloud, so after done removing the content can put on airplane mode or disable your wifi option so will not try to reconnect to any internet service.

1. Swipe down from the top of the screen to show Quick Settings, and then tap Wireless.
  2. Verify that Airplane Mode is on.
  3. or find Wi-Fi, tap OFF.
Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 1 year ago.

After the child is done with using the Kindle, simply turn the wireless back on and select the CLOUD tab to reload your books you want to read.

Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 1 year ago.

----

Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 1 year ago.

The above is one way and there may be another option depending on your Kindle Fire version, it may have an app called FREE TIME which can enable to create a separate child account on your Kindle to restrict access to content and functions... May see below if have the program and would like to enable the password ***** on your device :

Note: Kindle FreeTime automatically blocks access to the Silk Browser and Kindle content stores, disables location-based services, in-app purchases, and social features, and requires your parental controls password ***** access Kindle FreeTime settings, exit Kindle FreeTime, or enable or disable wireless connectivity.

1. From Home, tap Apps, and then tap Kindle FreeTime.
  2. Tap Get Started.
  3. Enter a password.
    • If you already have a Parental Controls password: Enter your password, and then tap OK.
    • If you don't have a Parental Controls password: Create and confirm a password, and then tap Continue.
  4. From the Add Child Profile screen, select Tap to set photo to add a profile picture.
  5. Enter your child's name, birthdate, and gender, and then tap Next. If you'd like to create additional profiles, tap Add Another Child.

Note: You can create up to four child profiles in Kindle FreeTime.

After setting up Kindle FreeTime, you can add content you've purchased to your child's profile, subscribe to Kindle FreeTime Unlimited to receive access to thousands of content titles for a monthly fee, and set up daily educational goals and time limits. A profile must have content to finish setting up Kindle FreeTime.

6. Tap Done to save all settings and create the profile.

Tip: To manage your child profiles and content at any time, from Home, tap Apps, and then tapKindle FreeTime. From here, tap Manage Content & Subscription, Daily Goals & Time Limits,Manage Child Profiles, or More… to edit or manage your FreeTime settings.

Once your child's profile is ready for them to use, tap their profile icon to enter their profile.

• From the child's profile, tap a content library, for example, Books, and then tap a content title to open it. If the item is not already downloaded to your Kindle Fire, it will be installed when your device is connected to a wireless network.
  • To access settings or exit FreeTime, swipe down from the top of the screen to open Quick Settings, and then tap Parent Settings or Exit FreeTime, and then enter your parental controls password.
Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 1 year ago.

~

Please give it a try and let me know if have any questions along the way with a reply....only rate my answer ok, great, or EXCELLENT after we have worked on the issue together to your satisfaction. Bonuses are welcomed & appreciated. I look forward to any future inquires as well, Thank You