Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

My Amazon kindle is approximately 3 years old and it won't

Customer Question

My Amazon kindle is approximately 3 years old and it won't take a charge. A friend suggested the battery is bad
I want to buy a new Kindle, but I hope you can transfer the books purchased for the old Kindle to the née Kindle I want to buy. I want the basic Kindle, so it will fit into the cover (with light) that I already have.
In addition, I'd like to purchase a new book for my iPad so ill have something to read while I wait for thee Kindle.
All the books that need to be transferred were purchased on Amazon.com or AmazonSmile.com. My phone number is(###) ###-#### Jan Marzolf
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.

Once you have the new Kindle all you need to do is log into your account and you can re-download everything from the store or send it to the Kindle using this page:

https://www.amazon.com/mycd

Everything you buy is saved to the account rather than the device so you can always re-download them on new devices.
If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll have to wait till I get the new Kindle to see if I can transfer the books. If I can, I'll certainly give you a high rating
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

You will be able to as long as you use the same account, once registered to your account it is one of your listed "deliver to" devices on the site posted above but you can take all the time you need.