AnswerManRob
AnswerManRob, Top Technician
Experience:  Kindle Expert. 20 yrs repairing & 5 yrs teaching electronics
24991566

When I turn my Nook on, it gets up to 99% and freezes. The

Customer Question

When I turn my Nook on, it gets up to 99% and freezes. The 99 keeps blinking. I've tried turning it off and on a few times , but it does the same thing. Its about 5 yrs. old.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  AnswerManRob replied 1 year ago.

It could be the battery but try resetting the Nook by pressing and holding the power button for 20 seconds. Let me know if it still fails to react.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That didn't work.

Now try this. Try a deeper reset. Plug the Nook into the charger for 30 minutes. After that AND WHILE STILL PLUGGED IN, press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Do not disconnect the charger throughout the process. After that, try using it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, get back to you in a half hour.

I will be here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did not work either.

Can you provide the model number off of the back of the unit? The batteries last 2-3 years and you're beyond that...so I'm assuming that's the problem because you don't have any display issues.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its a Nook HD+ but beyond that, I don't see a model # ***** the back. So, maybe you are right about the battery. It is not obvious where the battery is.

This is the battery with instructions that you need. https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-NOOK-HD-BNTV400-Installation/dp/B00QO6AW16/ref=as_sl_pc_ss_til?tag=thcosezo-20&linkCode=w01&linkId=NMAWNYZ4F2F47NY7&creativeASIN=B00QO6AW16

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help.

Have a great week.