Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Wondering if my switch is on way out. Have owned least four

Customer Question

Wondering if my switch is on way out. Have owned for at least four years and used a lot (only for books). Have tried the 20 second remedy etc. (was freezing but now fixed). When I turn device off, the screen saver seems to later come on and when I return to my book to read, the device only returns to the HOME Page so have to find the book again and then it always takes me to 57% read, instead of in the past, taking me not only to the book I am reading but the correct page.
If I have to get a new Kindle, can I download the existing books and can you give me instructions?
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. What model is this? Have you considered doing a factory reset? You would need to re-download your books, reconnect to WiFi etc after but if it is a software issue this could fix it.