Dr. Fix-It
Dr. Fix-It, Technician
Experience:  ... its a whole library in your hands.
2926636

I had all my ebooks listed under "Device" - titles such as

Customer Question

I had all my ebooks listed under "Device" - titles such as Books Read; Books Not Read, etc. Now ALL of my books are listed under the Cloud instead of Device. I had just had the book turned off for awhile. Can this be corrected? Thanks for any help you can give me.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Shaw aka Dr.Fix-It , Your online expert ready to assist you... It sounds like your ereader had a software glitch, I would suggest to factory reset it and then re-register it to your account to restore normal access. If need further assistance please tell me the exact model ereader / tablet you have?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure of the model, but it has the 4 lines at bottom that you press to change lists. Hope I'm right about that. How do I "factory reset" it?
Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 1 year ago.

I.e. Is this a Kindle, Nook, Sony, Kobo, iPad, and which model such as touch, color, paperwhite, HD, classic or basic?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a Kindle Touch, probably classic but not sure. Sorry.
Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 1 year ago.

click the link below to see how Kindle Touch looks like, should have it's logo and name on the back:

http://zapp1.staticworld.net/reviews/graphics/products/uploaded/amazon_kindle_touch_1147638_g1.jpg

Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 1 year ago.

It does has 4 lines on the bottom and if is a Kindle Touch, from the device:

1. From Home, tap the Menu icon, and then tap Settings.
  2. Tap Registration.
  3. In the Deregister Your Kindle message, tap Deregister
Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 1 year ago.

Once have it deregistered will restart and can next re-register it to your Amazon account to restore all your books on the CLOUD. Can then select your books from the CLOUD to load back on the DEVICE tab section.

reading apps.

1. From Home, tap the Menu icon.
  2. Tap on Settings and select Registration.
  3. Specify the Amazon account you want to use on Kindle Touch:
    • If you already have an Amazon account: Tap this option. Enter your Amazon account information. Tap Register. Your name will appear as the Registered User when registration is complete.
Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 1 year ago.

Please give it a try and let me know if have any questions along the way with a reply....only rate my answer ok, great, or EXCELLENT after we have worked on the issue together to your satisfaction. Bonuses are welcomed & appreciated. I look forward to any future inquires as well, Thank You