Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

My rather old Kindle does not charge. I am happy to buy a

Customer Question

My rather old Kindle does not charge. I am happy to buy a new Kindle, but is there a way to save/retreive the many books that are on my old one? I'd like to be able to reread old favorites.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up, and functionality may be restored.

If no change, a replacement certainly may be in order: http://amzn.to/1QfUb9M

In that case, you don't have to worry. When you receive your replacement kindle, once it is registered and connected to wifi, all of your existing books/purchases will sync to the new kindle, so you won’t lose any of the content you’ve previously purchased.