Josh, Technician
Experience:  E-reader expert
50836188

How do I change my email address on my nook?

Customer Question

how do I change my email address on my nook?
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Hi!

Are you trying to change the email address associated with your Barnes and Noble account?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
changing from***@******.***. to***@******.***
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

First, you will need to unregister the Nook in order to change the email address...

Go to Settings then Device then Register. Select Unregister

Next, we will need to change your email address

Click here: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/account/

Scroll down and select Manage account settings. You may be prompted to sign into your account. From there, you can change the email address

After you change your email address, go back to the Nook and go into Settings then Device then Register. Use the new email address to register

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will I lose my info if I unreg?
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

No. The information will be available when you register your account back using the new email address

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear *****,
I am not happy! I lost all my data ie pics, music, all my diabetic blood sugar results! And I have to tell the dr. What they were soon. What you did not tell me to do was to remove my data card/ chip before I deregistered my nook. And I payed you 26 dollars for your expertise! It took me 3 days and an hours trip to get it all working right, but there was data I can never get back. Laura
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Hi Laura,

If you deregistered and followed the steps to change the email address as stated above, none of your data would be deleted. I am sorry to hear that you had issues.