Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Several years of occasional experience with aspects of E-Reader technology.
13568747

I cannot connect to wifi. The settings screen indicates

Customer Question

I cannot connect to wifi. The settings screen indicates "scanning" but noting happens. Earlier today there was no wifi service but it has been restored by the phone company.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Perhaps the restoration of the WiFi service was not complete, or the local router got reset.

Check the local WiFi router box. See if it is On, has power that is, and whether other lights indicate anything (note down the lights, their status (On or blinking, what color they are).

Can you pick up *any* local WiFi, at all, or does it just 'Scanning' for it and never show any?

What Windows or Android or MAC OS X version do you have?