Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I dropped my Kindle in the bathtub. I need to buy a new

Customer Question

I dropped my Kindle in the bathtub. I need to buy a new Kindle and reinstal my unread books. What do I do?
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Yes you can simply purchase a new Kindle an then have all of your downloaded content transfer onto the new Kindle. To do this follow the steps below once you have purchased your new Kindle:

Step 1

Launch your computer's Web browser and open the "Manage Your Kindle" page on your Amazon.com account.

Step 2

Ensure the "Whispersync Device Synchronization" in the Manage Your Devices sections is set to "On." If it isn't, click the "Turn On" button to the right of your username. By default, Whispersync is turned on.

Related Reading: How to Archive Kindle Books

Step 3

Press the "Menu" button on your old Kindle's keyboard and select "Sync & Check for Items" using the five-way controller. This will ensure all your data is fully synchronized with your Amazom.com account before you switch to the new Kindle.

Step 4

Turn your new Kindle on by sliding its power switch to the right.

Step 5

Press the "Menu" button on the new Kindle's keyboard and select "Settings" using the five-way controller.

Step 6

Select "Register" and enter the same username and password ***** the Amazon.com account you were using on your old Kindle.

Step 7

Visit the "Manage Your Kindle" page on your computer's Web browser, and click the "Actions" button to the right of your previously purchased or downloaded Kindle content.

Step 8

Select "Delivery to my ... " from the context menu, and select your new Kindle device from the Deliver to drop-down menu. Repeat this for all items you want to send to your new Kindle. The e-books and subscriptions will automatically appear in your new Kindle's library.

Step 9

Press the "Menu" button on your new Kindle's keyboard and select "Sync & Check for Items" using the five-way controller. Data from the old Kindle, including your last page read, notes and other user-added content will be synchronized to the new Kindle.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.