Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My kindle is the model with a keyboard is frozen, I tried

Customer Question

my kindle is the model with a keyboard is frozen, I tried holding the slide on/off in the off position for 20 and more seconds but nothing happens
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I need to know the model off the back of the Kindle and also how long you've owned it for.

Additionally, the proper reboot is a bit different than what you've tried, so please try the steps below:

To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 25 seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot. If this does not cure the issue, oftentimes the reset procedure needs to be repeated several times for it to force a reboot.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

NOTE:
_____

This clears up the issues you're having 90% of the times, but in the rare case that it does not, the problem may go deeper than a software issue. If this is the case, please reply back with the specific model number off of the back of the Kindle, and also how long you've had the Kindle for, and I will continue to assist you.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please keep in mind that we are all independent Techs on here, working on our own time, and are only credited a portion of the deposit one we are rated POSITIVELY.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Are you still experiencing the same problem?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If not, could you please click a 5 star rating for my efforts? It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.