Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

My kindle screen is frozen. i have slided the off switch to

Customer Question

my kindle screen is frozen. i have slided the off switch to off and held it for 20 and more seconds but is stays frozen I have the model with the keyboard
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up, and let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

NOTE: You must hold the switch all the way over, and a minimum of 20 full seconds (any less will not work). You may also have to repeat this 4-5 times before the reset fully takes effect.

Let me know the results,