Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

My credit card needs to be updated kindle paperwhite. i have

Customer Question

my credit card needs to be updated for my kindle paperwhite. i have followed the directions on line for amazon.com and even added another credit card, but it isn't allowing me to purchase a new book thru my kindle. it is still reverting back to the credit card that just expired.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

The likely issue is that you have a card on file for your amazon account, but had been making purchases via the amazon website. If you didn't specifically associate a particular card with the kindle, or configure one to a one click setting for the kindle then you could face this issue.

There are a few easy steps to fix this though.

First, go here:

http://amzn.to/1NupYm0

there you can be sure your card/bank info is correct (right address, valid expiration date, etc)

From there, go here:

http://amzn.to/1N8muYQ

On this page, click on the SETTINGS tab at the top right,

then you can from there set a default card to be used for one click purchases on the kindle.

Under Kindle Payment Settings, click on the Edit Payment Method button, and you can set the card you want used for your kindle purchases.

After that, reboot the kindle by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, and it should operate normally from there.

Best regards,