Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. E-Reader Expert.
23511658

HELP!! I paid Kindle to take my text from pdf to Kindle and

Customer Question

HELP!! I paid Kindle to take my text from pdf to Kindle and the results were BAD! Mis-aligned upfront pages, etc. etc.
I got a message back asking me to also correct what had been been hyphenated words.
The kindle conversion created those problems.
Would it help to reformat my book to Kindle size? What IS that size???
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 1 year ago.

Hi I am sorry to hear that. Sometimes this happens. Please let me know where you are located US or UK?

Also did you use a site fr this please explain.

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Located in Michigan, US

Hi did you want a phone call about this problem?

If not thats fine too with me we can continue here this way;-)

Thanks Tech Mike

I can call if you accept.

Thanks

Tech Mike

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just email me on how to convert a 6 x 9-inch book published by CreateSpace to a Kindle book. I paid Kindle to do this and the result was a very muddled book. Kindle sent me an e-mail about fixing hyphenations in the text (I assume because Kindle page is smaller)....but the 6 x 9 text doesn't need hyphenations.
I can re-edit the text to 'Kindle size' but I need to know just what that is. Send specifications please.
Sara XXXXXX
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Sarah, my name is***** can provide you with some additional assistance. I have a great deal of experience with publishing Kindle books. What you are trying to do can be fairly difficult because you are not able to completely control the output in a standard Kindle book. What you can do is set up the pages in your editor – if you are using Microsoft Word for example – and then save the document as filtered HTML. That will give you the closest representation to what you will get after it is processed by create space. In fact create space will take a filtered HTML file directly.

If that is not addressing your problem, you do have the option of submitting it in a PDF format which, much the opposite of the Kindle native format, provides a great deal of structure to the book. Both methods have their benefits and drawbacks as things always do. I don't know if I've told you anything you don't know, but I am available to continue the discussion with you.