Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Kindle fire will not take charge

Customer Question

kindle fire will not take charge
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 25 seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot. If this does not cure the issue, oftentimes the reset procedure needs to be repeated several times for it to force a reboot.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

NOTE:
_____

This clears up the issues you're having 90% of the times, but in the rare case that it does not, the problem may go deeper than a software issue. If this is the case, please reply back with the specific model number off of the back of the Kindle, and also how long you've had the Kindle for, and I will continue to assist you.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please keep in mind that we are all independent Techs on here, working on our own time, and are only credited a portion of the deposit one we are rated POSITIVELY.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
done all that 10 times tc CcE I don't think that is right but hard to see
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, then it's not a processor glitch, and there's a couple other possible causes. First, have you tried another charger cable?

Second, how long have you owned it for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
6 months used 2 different plugs
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
someone said Kindle bad at inside plug tn?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
r u there
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

So the unit is only 6 months old? If so, unfortunately this is a hardware issue and beyond what we tried above, the unit would need to be replaced by Amazon. The device is still under warranty so there is no way we can access or fix the plug without voiding the warranty. You would need to contact Amazon at the link below and have them replace the unit for you. You can still transfer all of your previously downloaded books onto the new device without having to purchase them again.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=kin2w_ddp?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200144500

I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need any further assistance with this?
If not, could you please click a 5 star rating for my efforts? It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.