Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of E-Readers
32989067

My daughters kindle paper has a frozen screen (on the

Customer Question

My daughters kindle paper white has a frozen screen (on the screensaver) and the light flickers on and off. Some horizontal and vertical white lines have appeared. Can't turn it off or on or reset it
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds (40 is too short).

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No change I'm afraid - it flickered a lot but the basic screensaver picture stayed the same. I held the button for well over a minute
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

Can you operate the menu at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no stuck at the screensaver
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** the problem to me

It is the internal memory that has faulted.

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard restart it.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Kindle to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i was afraid of this - and I have now paid £26 for nothing - how do i get some of my money back please? I noted that the deposit was supposed to be £3 but they took £26.
Thanks anyway
Helena
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

You paid for my service to have either the problem fixes or the issue confirmed. If after waiting to get this service and your answer, you now do not want to pay, well its not really right as I analysed and confirmed your problem but you get a refund here in order to avoid paying for the service you recieved.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund