Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

My Kindle fire stopped turning on. When I held the button

Customer Question

My Kindle fire stopped turning on. When I held the button down longer, AMAZON will appear in the middle of the screen. I thought it totally lost the charge so I charged it and it went on for 20 or so seconds, then back to the same AMAZON showing in the center
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up, and let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
im sure you are good Nathan but everytime another screen comes up I am asked to pay more money! so no thanks
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

You are seeing an optional phone support service, you can ignore that and just continue with me here in the chat.