Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of E-Readers
32989067

Am 67 and reasonably intelligent (retired military and

Customer Question

Am 67 and reasonably intelligent (retired military and professor). Old format to new: Size change causes problems. Can't get to or see comments, poke/repoke anyone when the screen gets smaller. Have deleted FB 5 times then downloaded/rebooted again. Screen was larger (then back to small again.) This solved the problem for a few minutes on this Amazon tablet. Do not have problem on older IPad, neither does my Bride. Switching tablets back and forth can be done but cumbersome especially away from home. Shouldn't have to switch tablets anyway. Contacted Time Warner and signal is fine. Extremely Upsetting. How do YOU FIX THIS? Hal xxxx
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me the model of the Tablet. And to confirm, you are using the App via the Amazon App Store correct?
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Amazon ... Kindle ... 7 or 8 inch
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you

And to confirm, you are using the App via the Amazon App Store correct? Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
AmazonApp
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and use the App and let me know if you still have the problem.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now this tablet is going crazy. Screen is bouncing to different sites making typing and keeping contact with you not much fun
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, all we did was a restart of the Tablet, so it indicates something is wrong with either firmware or hardware.

Is it doing this in all apps?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is happening in a few of the apps
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, we will need to do a reset of the Kindle to reload the firmware and rule this out as the cause

This is going to remove all the apps, so you will need to reinstall them again once you have set up the Kindle.

To do the reset.

Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap Settings. Tap Device Options, and then tap Reset to FactoryDefaults. Tap Reset to confirm.

Let this complete, setup the Kindle again like when you first received it. Then install your Apps and tell me if they operate correctly please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Resetting the apps will take time but will comply. Do I have to do the same thing with my IPad?.. Have the same problem with it?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

The iPad could be a total different issue. One thing is it has nothing to do with the problems on the Kindle.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok so far. Took awhile to do your recommendation. I will flag this on IPad too. Thank you
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Perfect! It was the firmware that was the issue, it will be ok now.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, Richard, the problem has RETURNED as of 5 mins ago. You have been a big help. PLEASE understand that I'm not angry with you but with this fricking program. How can Facebook Nerds fix it? Am I the only person having this program? So Angry could Eat RR Tracks. I did what you suggested, reformatted, found, downloaded what I use and was happy. HELP ME PLEASE SIR!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

There is nothing wrong with the app sir, its your Kindle thats the issue.

It is the internal memory that has faulted.

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by reinstalling it.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Kindle to have it replaced. It is a known problem, so it will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you