Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

I cannot upgrade my payment account details on my amazon

Customer Question

I cannot upgrade my payment account details on my amazon kindle
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

This does not work from the kindle itself. It is best done on amazon.com from your computer.

There are a few easy steps to fix this though.

First, go here:

http://amzn.to/1NupYm0

there you can be sure your card/bank info is correct (right address, valid expiration date, etc)

From there, go here:

http://amzn.to/1N8muYQ

On this page, click on the SETTINGS tab at the top right,

then you can from there set a default card to be used for one click purchases on the kindle.

Under Kindle Payment Settings, click on the Edit Payment Method button, and you can set the card you want used for your kindle purchases.

After that, reboot the kindle by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, and it should operate normally from there.

Best regards,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Nathan,
You have taken $37 from the correct account, yet we cannot buy a book from Amazon Kindle, the problem is not solved. Can you please put the correct visa account on my Amazon Kindle account. I understood that if the problem was not solved you would not charge $37. Regards ***** *****
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Sandra.

Per the terms of the site, you are charged the agreed amount upon corresponding with me. This is an ongoing conversation however and is refundable.

Did you complete all of the steps I specified?

If you're still having trouble or weren't able to follow these exactly, I can help you to do it remotely.