Josh, Technician
Experience:  E-reader expert
50836188

I put a password on my kindle and when I opened it up it

Customer Question

I put a password ***** my kindle and when I opened it up it turns on but it has like a square box around it and I cannot get it to swipe open to the password ***** If I touch the date the square moves to the date...
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
Please try a reset of the kindle hold down the on/off switch for 40 seconds then release your finger after 40 seconds the kindle will reboot and reload its operating system (you will see it do that)you may need to do this 3 or 4 times both on and off the charger, please use a watch to make sure you hold the button for 40 seconds ignore any messages you may see.
Let me know if you need more info
A positive rating is appreciated thank you there will be a rating band with this post thank you
Regards
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried that several times and it still is the same.
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Hi!

How old is the Kindle?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got it fixed through another website for free. I accidently turned on accessability... voice command.. Thanks anyway.
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as EXCELLENT, GOOD, or OK and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.