Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

The WiFi went out on my kindle trying to reset but will not

Customer Question

The WiFi
went out on my kindle trying to reset but will not recognize my passwaord
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Are you getting stuck on the wifi connection step, or kindle registration?
Your password ***** the wifi must be entered exactly and correctly, so if it continues to not recognize it you are most likely using the wrong password ***** entering it incorrectly.

There are a few possible ways to get (or change) your password:
1) You can look for a sticker on the back/side of the router, which indicates the factory default (key/passphrase). Note this only works if the password ***** never changed/customized when the router was initially configured
2) You can access the router configuration menu via a computer that is already connected to the router, either via wifi or wired ethernet. This lets you view/change the password.
3) you can do a factory reset of the router, clearing all settings, and allowing that default password ***** function again. Doing this results in having to update the password ***** all devices.

Of these options, I'd suggest #2, but I'll be happy to give more info on any of them. If you can let me know the make/model of the router, I'll give you the basic steps to access the router setup. Or, if you aren't comfortable doing so yourself, I can do it for you remotely.