Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

My charging port won't charge.....it was working fine and

Customer Question

Hello My charging port won't charge.....it was working fine and suddenly stopped and the charger wouldn't fit in the port ...is there a place that will repair it near Dearborn Heights, MI or does a Barnes and Noble to repair
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. What model Nook is it? How old is it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
bntv600 3 yrs old
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Have you ever replaced the battery? Barnes and Noble normally only covers nooks for a year. After that it is usually cheaper to either replace it or fix it yourself. From what you are describing you could have a dead battery. Even though they are rechargeable they do eventually die.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
didn't know you could replace a battery and where would I even get one
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
You can get an extended life battery from here:
http://www.newpower99.com/Barnes_Noble_NOOK_HD_9_Tablet_Battery_Kit_p/barnes-and-noble-nook-hd-9.htm
It comes with all tools needed and there is a video on the page showing how to replace it. Before doing that however make sure the port on your Nook is tight when connected to a charger. If it is loose it could be coming off of the board.
When that happens you can get it to work temporarily by angling the charger into it. However to fix it a new port needs to be soldered onto the board. This is not something I suggest you do yourself if you have never soldered before. If the port was tight then it is most likely the battery causing the problem.
If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Nook.