Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

Just got a new kindle--do not have wifi--how do I transfer

Customer Question

just got a new kindle--do not have wifi--how do I transfer from my old kindle
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

You actually do not "transfer" anything from one to the other.

Rather, all of the prior content you've purchased (books, magazines, etc) reside within the "cloud" as part of your amazon account.

So with the new kindle, upon the initial setup, you'll first connect to your home wifi network, and then register it to your existing amazon.com account.

Upon registering, all of your prior content should sync up automatically with the new kindle. If you dont' see it, look for the CLOUD library on the new kindle, rather than in the device library, and you should find the items there. Each time you select a title in the cloud library, it will prompt it to download to your new kindle devies actual internal memory for local storage, and it can then be found in the device library as well.

Let me know if you get stuck.