Jason Jones, Technician
Experience:  Years of experience and education.
30759776

Just purchased 7th generation kindle, neither it or my

Customer Question

just purchased 7th generation kindle, neither it or my kindle fire recognize each other, can't download books to the new kindle
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.
I am the person that will be helping you today.
What does it mean when you say that the Kindles do not 'recognize' each other?
On the new Kindle you need to connect to your wireless signal & log into your Amazon account before you can download books onto it. Are you having issues with either connecting to the wireless signal or logging into your Amazon account?
After you connect the Kindle to the wireless signal and log into your Amazon account, follow the instructions below to transfer the books to the other Kindle:
- Click the link: http://www.Amazon.com/
- Sign into your Amazon account
- Hover over the Your account button on the top right area of the page and then choose Manage my Kindle
- Locate the Book that you wish to transfer. You will see a Button on the right side of that book. Click that button, choose Deliver to My
- In the new menu, choose your new Kindle from the pull down bar and click the Deliver button.
You can do that for each book that you wish to transfer.
I will be standing by.
Thank you,
Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went to my "account" button but don't have a "manage My Kindle" option
Thank you for the update. It appears that they changed the name of the link to "Manage Your Content and Devices"
Hover your mouse over where it says Your Account and click "Manage Your Content and Devices".
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
problem is that it only shows the new Kindle, no reference to the old so no way to transfer content
Is the old Kindle signed into the same Amazon account? I ask because if they are signed into separate accounts, they will not see each other online.
You can check which account the old Kindle is signed into by going to Menu > Settings > Register. The registered email account will be listed there.
You will need to sign into the same account that the old Kindle is signed into. You will also need to unregister the new Kindle and re-register it with the same account that the old Kindle is using.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do I use my Kindle mail address or my personal which I use to log in to Amazon
You use the one that is found on the Old Kindle after going to Menu > Settings > Register.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's not working should I try setting up a new account using the old email and password?
What does that mean? Did you find which email address the old Kindle is using? You need to use that same email address on the new Kindle.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My amazon account is MY email address and my password. I put that in my new kindle and I can access to the bookstore, etc. When I go to my accounts then click on manage content it comes up with the one book that I ordered on this device, I click "device" and only the new kindle shows up. I tried using an address on the old Kindle that says***@******.***, don't know where that came from and have no password ***** it.
In that case, you can reset the password ***** the timfox_44 account and re-register the new Kindle with that account.
Please, follow the instructions below to reset your Amazon account password:
- Click the following link: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/self-service-forgot-password-get-email
- Fill out the requested information on that page and continue.
- Once that is complete, you will be able to reset your password.
If you simply, wish to create a new account and use it to, you can do so at the following page: http://tinyurl.com/CreateAmznAccount
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think there is something wrong with the device, this is my 5th kindle and I've never had a problem. I'm going to return it.
You are super welcome.
Thank you for your time, the chance to work with you, and for the update.
I am a member of all computer, networking, and cell phone categories. If you ever need anything else, please let me know.
I'm online most hours of the day and only a brief time away.
-Jason