Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

I have to reregister my kindle. Originally the kindle was

Customer Question

I have to reregister my kindle. Originally the kindle was registered under my husband's name, using his credit card. (He gave me this kindle as a gift). However, my husband had to get a new credit card, so I can no longer buy books using his account. Now I am trying to reregister the kindle under my name, with my e-mail address, and my credit card. If I use the "new account" option, the kindle tells me there already is an account under my name, and therefore I cannot reregister under my name. If I use the "already existing account" option, the kindle tells me there is not such account. I would reregister under my husband's name again, but he does not remember his password. Please help so that I can continue to buy books for my kindle.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Your best option here would be to stick with his existing account.

While you can create a new one, if you do so, you are truly starting fresh. Under his account, you'd have access to all the books that had been previously purchased. With a new account, you'd have to buy any prior content you wanted again.

The easiest route here is to just reset the password ***** his account so that you can register your kindle to it, then you can update the credit card info as well.

There are a few easy steps to fix this though.

First we need to reset your password *****: http://amzn.to/1gxYWzC

Then update your card info:

First, go here:

http://amzn.to/1N8muYQ

there you can be sure your card/bank info is correct (right address, valid expiration date, etc)

Best regards,

From there, go here:

http://amzn.to/1gxYWzC

On this page, click on the SETTINGS tab at the top right,

then you can from there set a default card to be used for one click purchases on the kindle.

Under Kindle Payment Settings, click on the Edit Payment Method button, and you can set the card you want used for your kindle purchases.

After that, reboot the kindle by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, and it should operate normally from there.