info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  E-Reader Expert
18621325

My kindle fire will no longer open any attachments I receive

Customer Question

My kindle fire will no longer open any attachments I receive on emails. I have never had a problem opening attachments until the past couple months. After I click on an attachment to open it, I receive the following message: "Sorry, an error occurred. Please try again. If the error persists, there may be a problem with the file you're trying to access." So,what might be the problem? Thx.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
Sorry for delay
Please reset the kindle by holding down the on/off switch for 40 seconds then releasing your finger,( please use a watch to get the timing correct )the kindle will reboot and reload its operating system and all should be well, you may need to do this 3 or 4 times both on and off the charger
Let me know if you need more info
A positive rating is appreciated thank you there will be a rating bar with this post thanks again
Regards
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did the rebooting five times, both on and off the charger, and that did not work. Still getting the same response as before.I might add that I usually power off about once a week so it does get rebooted fairly often.
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
No this is not powering off you have to follow the procedure above exactly as outlined
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did follow your directions exactly by holding the switch down for 40 seconds each time. After releasing the switch after 40 seconds how long should I wait before doing it again? Should I try opening an attachment after each 40 second attempt or just keep doing the 40 seconds attempt consecutively?
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
You will know the kindle has reset as it will switch iself off and revert to the homescreen did you see it do that?
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't want to pay another $20. I was under the impression that kindle technical support is supposed to be free. Was this the wrong email address to receive that service?
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.

I dont have anything to do with what you have been charged I am the tech please contact support via the justanswer homepage

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let's just end this. I really can't afford this service. I will contact support to cancel. Thanks--I'm not blaming you for my misunderstanding.