Josh, Technician
Experience:  E-reader expert
50836188

My Kindle Account seems to be in order, however, I cannot

Customer Question

My Kindle Account seems to be in order, however, I cannot download a new book until I have purchased a previous book. I don't know why this has not been processed with the other books that I have been buying for years on my ereader. The page is frozen on my machine and I can't get any further. Please help!
Patricia Tully
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Hi!

If you have a leather case on your Kindle; Please remove it before performing the steps below.

Please press and hold down the power button for 25-30 seconds until the Kindle restarts

If that does not work, then please respond back and let me know so I can continue to troubleshoot.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kindle has opened and shown me a list of books, then moved to another page that said there is problem with my credit account/number. I don,t know why this is. I,m now on a page that asks for my email and password ***** now wont budge. What's happening?
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

It is possible that your card has expired. You will need to update your card information in your Kindle account

1. Click here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/css/homepage.html
  2. In the Payment section, do one of the following:
    • To add a payment method, click Add a Credit or Debit Card.
    • To edit a payment method, click Manage Payment Options.
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions.