Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

I replaced my old original Kindle with a new one. It

Customer Question

I replaced my old original Kindle with a new one. It doesn't seem that changing the name for the download works. I still show the old Kindle for downloads and nothing comes to the new one. Help?>
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Did you connect the new kindle to your home wifi, and register it to your existing amazon account?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did register and connect it.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Okay, you don't need to do anything as far as changing the name, or triggering amazon to send downloads to it specifically.

Anything you purchased previously, as well as new content, will sync up automatically.

If you aren't seeing it in the device library on the new kindle, go to the home screen and then pick the item type (book, magazine, etc) and from there touch on the CLOUD library, and you'll see all your purchased titles. When you select an individual item, it will download to the kindle itself for "local" storage on the kindle device.