Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My Kindle will not charge. I think I need to replace the

Customer Question

My Kindle will not charge. I think I need to replace the battery. How do I do that?
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. Sometimes this issue can be caused by the Kindle needing to be rebooted. I'm not sure if you've tried this yet, but if not please first give the steps below a shot before moving towards replacing the battery:

To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 25 seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot. If this does not cure the issue, oftentimes the reset procedure needs to be repeated several times for it to force a reboot.

If you're still having the same problem after the reboot- then the battery can be purchased at the link below for your model. BONUS: There is also a video that outlines how to make this repair yourself, and the site also sells small tools that are handy for replacing the battery.

http://www.newpower99.com/Amazon_Kindle_D00901_Battery_Replacement_Kit_p/amazon%20kindle%20d00901.htm?gclid=CjwKEAjwovytBRCdxtyKqfL5nUISJACaugG11RDODcCVM2LxSUo1ZV0Kmxdcd7DBfTY7qynQp0Y7RxoC08Hw_wcB

NOTE:
If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried reboot. No light comes on. I think the battery is dead. I need to know how to open the Kindle to replace the battery.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

The link I posed to you- shows a VIDEO which outlines exactly how the Kindle is opened and the battery replaced. Were you not able to see it? Here is the link again- click on it and view the video. As I had mentioned above- special tools are needed AND sold at this link:

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

NOTE: Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Please also scroll up the page to see all replies if you are missing the link I posted.