Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

Continue to get "problem occurred" when trying to shop, etc.

Customer Question

continue to get "problem occurred" when trying to shop for books, etc. I am using a Nook Simple Touch w/Glowlight, s.n.3023310014323049.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble with the nook.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the nook. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 30+ seconds, then release. Give the nook about a minute to start back up, and let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This did not work. still getting same message.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for trying. Please repeat the process, at least a few more times. It can take 4-5 tries for the reset to take effect.

If no change, repeat but using the big nook "n" button, rather than the power button.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

If it still isn’t working properly, the next step will be a deeper level reset. If you have not charged recently or know that it is at least half full, then you should charge the battery for at least a few hours before proceeding further. Then plug the nook into computer via usb cable, then press and hold power button for 60+ seconds, and release. The nook will take 3-5 minutes to reload it's internal firmware. If it doesn't turn back on by itself, press power once to turn it on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nathan - still not working....not satisfied, I will take a trip to my nearest Barnes/Noble. Please do NOT charge my Visa.
Sorry you were unable to correct the problem.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

With all due respect, I really haven't had a reasonable chance to help you further, if you opt to stop midway through our conversation.

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in a good faith effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. You've already paid the full amount per the terms you agreed to when posting your question.

You may request a cancellation through customer service, as I have no access to billing matters.

Best of luck to you,