Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

Kindle paperwhite is frozen on battery charge screen and doing

Customer Question

Kindle paperwhite is frozen on battery charge screen and doing a restart is not working
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up, and let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps. Note: I realize you may have done this step partially or fully already, but without being aware of exactly what you've done and how, I need to explain the full process. Please be sure to try this complete process at least 4-5 times, as it can take several tries to take effect. If no change we'll move on to another process. Nathan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried this several times- no response- I have it plugged into the charger
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What else should I try?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for trying,If the kindle still isn’t working properly, the next step will be a deeper level reset. If you have not charged the kindle recently or know that it is at least half full, then you should charge the battery for at least a few hours before proceeding further. Then plug the kindle into computer via usb cable, then press and hold power button for 60+ seconds, and release. The kindle will take 3-5 minutes to reload it's internal firmware. If it doesn't turn back on by itself, press power once to turn it on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I know if the battery is even charging
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
You don't, you just have to assume that it is at this point.If it still doesn't despite this process, and you went direct to the pc (meaning it isn't the wall charger that is bad), you can test another usb cable just to be safe, and if that still doesn't work then it is most likely a bad battery or other hardware fault in the kindle itself, which will require repair/replacement.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome.Let me know how it works out, when you have a chance. From there I can help with a new battery, repair/replace recommendations, etc if needed. Nathan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I get back in touch with you?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Just like you're contacting me now, simply return to this page/site. You can bookmark/favorite this page to reach me later.