Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

I am trying to connect my nook to wifi. My network is MQVR1

Customer Question

I am trying to connect my nook to wifi. My network is MQVR1 but it is locked. I don't know of any password ***** should be using, nor do I see any indication if where or how I should enter a password. I am stuck on the nook page "choose a Newark to Use"
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. It is normal for your home wifi network to be secured (which is why you see the lock icon). You must enter your wifi password ***** get the nook online. On that screen on the nook, you select/tap the MQVR1 network (if that is indeed your proper network name), and it will bring up a box asking for your password ***** be entered to continue. There are a few possible ways to get (or change) your password:1) You can look for a sticker on the back/side of the router, which indicates the factory default (key/passphrase). Note this only works if the password ***** never changed/customized when the router was initially configured2) You can access the router configuration menu via a computer that is already connected to the router, either via wifi or wired ethernet. This lets you view/change the password.3) you can do a factory reset of the router, clearing all settings, and allowing that default password ***** function again. Doing this results in having to update the password ***** all devices.Of these options, I'd suggest #2, but I'll be happy to give more info on any of them. If you can let me know the make/model of the router, I'll give you the basic steps to access the router setup. Or, if you aren't comfortable doing so yourself, I can do it for you remotely.