info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  E-Reader Expert
18621325

I have a kindle Paper White and it has lost the image - everything is

Customer Question

I have a kindle Paper White and it has lost the image - everything is in shadow. What do I do to correct this?
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is Anthony
Please hold down the on/off switch for 40 seconds then release your finger, use a watch so you know its 40 seconds, you may need to do this 3 or 4 times both on and off the charger let me know how this works out
A positive rating is appreciated thank you
Regards
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have held the off switch 40+ seconds both with it plugged in and unplugged. The home page remains in shadow, but when I call for a book, that comes up clear and distinct.
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Did you see the kindle re-boot?it would have flickered went off then reloaded?
Anthony
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Do you understand please what I have said above?
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not see the re-boot, but I was not alerted to look for it , so it may have happened. I have requested a phone call if the entire charge is $20
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
No the charge is $18 more with a phone call its of no benefit for troubleshooting anyhow
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
OK the kindle will reboot if you did this properly it will switch off and switch back on again so please try it again, hold the button down without releasing your finger for 40 seconds use a watch
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lets continue on-line, then.
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My problem remains the same - Home Page is faded and shadowed and not readable
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
I think you may have a problem with the display however please contact amazon here http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201009940 Use the contact button on the left when you click the above use the drop down menus Let me know the outcome Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I held it for 40 seconds, it re-booted and is still the same. It turned off and then on again
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Are you seeing my replies above please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went to the website you directed me to at Amazon and then I spoke with the tech who walked me through steps to correct my problem, but it is still unresolved and remains the same. Thank you for trying. Is there any charge?
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Well the charge is upto you I think you have a bad display and may have to replace it
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
I do not receive anything until you rate the answer positively
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
If you want to refund let me know in that case do not rate the answer at all
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your time, but I would like a refund.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your time, but I would like a refund
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Yes I have informed admin if you need further support email***@******.*** please DO NOT reply to this message or it will delay your refund