rahul.pattnayak
rahul.pattnayak, Customer Service
Experience:  4 years+ experience as an Electronic technician
13842863

I have a second generation kindle, years. today all

Customer Question

i have a second generation kindle, for many years. today all of a sudden one of the screen savers wont go awya. the top right hand quarter has part of a picture showing and it will not go away. have restarted it multiple times. i think it is functioning ok shakespere will just not dissapear
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  rahul.pattnayak replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for using justanswer.
please do the following steps,
1) Remove your Kindle from the charger if connected.
2) Press and hold (or slide and hold)the power button to the right and hold it there for 30 seconds.After the first 6 to 8 seconds, the screen will go blank, which is normal. Continue holding the Power button.
If you only hold the Power button to the right for only 5 to 10 seconds you'll just turn the unit OFF. So,you have to hold the power button to the right for at least 30 seconds.
After the 30 seconds, release the Power button.The charge indicator light will turn on after a few seconds.
It will reboot and it will work again.
Hope it helps.PLEASE LEAVE A POSITIVE RATING WITH THE HELP OF SMILES.
Regards.
It would be kind enough to give a positive rating to my answer, but if you are going to click either "Poor service" or "Bad service", please stop and click on the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button so that i will be happy to assist you with your problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I said above I tried that many times. How can I
Be
Charged for that when I told you I had been doing that all along. I do not want to lose all of my books or dats on there. You owe me a god answer
If that does not work then follow these steps below.(remove the lether cover if you have it)
Connect the kindle to the charger wait for 5mins.
After 5mins(still connected to the charger) press and hold (or slide and hold) the power switch for at least 30 sec till you see a flicker in the kindle screen.Do it 3 to 4 times to reset the kindle, it will work.
Hope it helps.
Regards.