Josh, Technician
Experience:  E-reader expert
50836188

I received a used kindle yesterday, today it got wet, water

Customer Question

I received a used kindle yesterday, today it got wet, water in it. It had a lot of really good books on it that I want to read. Is there any hope for it? It is a Generation 4.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Hi! The good news is that your books are stored on your account so even if you need to replace the tablet, you will still have those books on the newer Kindle. Also, you can view the books on your desktop if you wanted to read them there by downloading the Kindle desktop program. With that being said, please put the Kindle in a bag/bowl of rice so that it is submerged in the rice. Leave the Kindle in the rice for 24 straight hours without removing and try powering it back on after the 24 hours. The rice option is really the only thing that you can try so if it does not work, I would suggest contacting Amazon to ask for an upgrade and they normally discount the upgrade for you. If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as EXCELLENT, GOOD, or OK and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as EXCELLENT, GOOD, or OK and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.