Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

Have a new credit card I wish to use in place of old one on

Customer Question

have a new credit card I wish to use in place of old one on my kindle. How do I do this?
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
For security reasons, you can't do this by phone, and you really can't do it via the kindle directly.This is best done via your computer.There are a few easy steps to fix this though.First, go here:http://amzn.to/1NupYm0there you can be sure your card/bank info is correct (right address, valid expiration date, etc) From there, go here:http://amzn.to/1GLiBmnOn this page, click on the SETTINGS tab at the top right,then you can from there set a default card to be used for one click purchases on the kindle.Under Kindle Payment Settings, click on the Edit Payment Method button, and you can set the card you want used for your kindle purchases. After that, reboot the kindle by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, and it should operate normally from there. If you get stuck, let me know and I'll guide you through, or I can even help you do it remotely if needed.Best regards,Nathan