Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

It seems that all the apps I've downloaded from Amazon.com

Customer Question

It seems that all the apps I've downloaded from Amazon.com for my Kindle Fire have disappeared. Each time I tap them it says I have to download them again. And each time I go to Amazon it says the apps cannot be found. One of them, Bridge Baron, I have already paid $19.99 for it and I don't wish to pay it again. Please respond to***@******.***. Thank you for your help. Jaye Larsen
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Please first try these steps and let me know what happens: Tap the Settings icon at the top of your Kindle Fire screen2. Tap "More..."3. Tap "Applications"4. Tap the "Filter by" drop-down menu and select "All Applications"5. Scroll down and tap "Appstore"6. Tap "Clear Data" under the Storage section7. Select "OK" and tap the Home icon at the bottom left cornerTurn on wifi and sync
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Are you able to see my reply?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cansee your answer. I followed your instructions, but didn't see any "filter by." The rest of the instructions after that were followed. Now all my apps are fuzzy and when I tap on them a sign comes up saying "internal error." What have I done?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
1. Tap and hold icon2. Tap "remove from carousel'3. Go to app in app page, tap and open4. Now check carousel - the new icon should be nice and clear again If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the carousel?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Where all of theApps are located in the App selections.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Isaac the carousel. Thank you. But it didn't come back clearly. It's still fuzzy. And the message "internal failure" comes up.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 25 seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot. If this does not cure the issue, oftentimes the reset procedure needs to be repeated several times for it to force a reboot.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
If the issue is still there, then please let me know how long you've owned the Kindle for. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Do you need further assistance with this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Aric, I'm still having the problem. I've tried to reboot it 5 times and the apps are still fuzzy and I continue to get the "internal failure" message. I've owned the kindle for 4/5 years. Is there anything else I can try?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
I would suggest running through all of those steps I outlined from the top- up to 2 more times, and if the issue persists this is a hardware failure in the Kindle, and what caused the issue in the first place. In that case you would either send for repairs to: www.missionrepair.com Or alternatively you could purchase a new Kindle and then simply transfer all your downloaded media onto the new device. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.