Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

I tried the recommended steps on this page, but my Nook HD+

Customer Question

I tried the recommended steps on this page, but my Nook HD+ (Color) won't turn on.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the nook. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 30+ seconds, then release. If this doesn't work repeat the process with the bit "N" key.Give the nook about a minute to start back up, and let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried both. Unfortunately, it didn't boot up. I noted that when pressing and holding the small power button (on the upper-right corner of the device) that the power light went out. When I pressed the "N" key, the light came back on and is an amber/orange color. Otherwise, there isn't a response from the device.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for trying. Unfortunately this makes a hardware problem much more likely to be the root cause here.If the nook still isn’t working properly, the next step will be a deeper level reset. If you have not charged the nook recently or know that it is at least half full, then you should charge the battery for at least a few hours before proceeding further. Then plug the nook into computer via usb cable, then press and hold power button for 60+ seconds, and release. The nook will take 3-5 minutes to reload it's internal firmware. If it doesn't turn back on by itself, press power once to turn it on.