Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

My kindle is not connecting to wifi let me go get my kindle i'll be back.

Customer Question

hi my kindle is not connecting to wifi let me go get my kindle i'll be back.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up, and let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.Be sure to repeat this process at least 4-5 times, as it can take several tries to take effect. When it comes back up, go into the tools/settings, then wireless. Your existing network should show, even if not connected. Touch/slide on it, then choose "forget" network.Then reboot once more, back into wireless, and scan for networks to reconnect (you'll have to choose your network and enter your wifi password)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have tried all your suggestions to no avail
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
If other wifi devices are working, that tends to indicate a hardware fault in the kindle itself, meaning the internal wifi radio has failed (if it picks up nothing at all on network scan at all).Did it see any networks when scanning after the reset process?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no it did not see any others
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
If you check on another device, such as a laptopl, does it pull in any networks other than your own?