Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My kindle has a picture of a low battery then a picture

Customer Question

Hi my kindle has a picture of a low battery then a picture of port plug in and a lightning bolt so what does it mean
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 25 seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot. If this does not cure the issue, oftentimes the reset procedure needs to be repeated several times for it to force a reboot. If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times. NOTE:_____This clears up the issues you're having 90% of the times, but in the rare case that it does not, the problem may go deeper than a software issue. If this is the case, please reply back with the specific model number off of the back of the Kindle, and also how long you've had the Kindle for, and I will continue to assist you. If you need further assistance let me know. Please keep in mind that we are all independent Techs on here, working on our own time, and are only credited a portion of the deposit one we are rated POSITIVELY.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It needs to be charged. can I still do it when it is not charged if I just hold the start button plug in and hold
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
I would have no way of knowing until you tried it. In other words, it may work- but if it needs to be charged, would likely work better then?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Also, what you stated "If I just hold the start button plug in and hold", isn't in any of the directions above. Please follow those to the letter and if you still have problems, then reply back.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is that another 20.00 plus what already charged
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
No there's no additional amount charged. You paid the site one deposit for the entire dialog. I am only paid a portion of that once you rate me. You can reply back as needed at no additional cost even once you've rated my service.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks I'll try what u suggested
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay, you're very welcome.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Do you need further assistance with this?