Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

How do I reboot my Kindle Fire

Customer Question

How do I reboot my Kindle Fire
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Even if it does not look like it is charging and even though it may be fully charged charge it using a different wall outlet than you normally do (a different room is best) for at least 10 minutes.
Do not skip that even if it is fully charged from you already plugging it in, it is important to do it.
It sounds like the firmware may be frozen try this and let me know the results hold the power switch for at least 60 seconds.
Try this at least 6 times.
The firmware can sometimes get frozen the same way that a computer will occasionally.
If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is not working
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
What happened when you tried it? Can you try it with a different charger? Some phone and tablets use the same type. Does the charger port feel loose?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After several tries I just got tired of trying' I'll just take my whippen and go back to books
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Ok you could need a battery though but in order to know if it is that or not I need the answer to the questions I sent you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I gave you the answers; I did everything you asked and nothing changed. With the price I paid for the reader to start with and the money I have paid you folks to get it fixed and still nowhere.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
You did not answer them I asked "What happened when you tried it? Can you try it with a different charger? Some phone and tablets use the same type. Does the charger port feel loose?" you answered the first one only. I need the answer to all the questions in order to help you figure out what is causing your issue.