Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

Kindle has frozen

Customer Question

kindle has frozen
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up, and let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps Nathan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tried that and not working
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
If the kindle still isn’t working properly, the next step will be a deeper level reset. If you have not charged the kindle recently or know that it is at least half full, then you should charge the battery for at least a few hours before proceeding further. Then plug the kindle into computer via usb cable, then press and hold power button for 60+ seconds, and release. The kindle will take 3-5 minutes to reload it's internal firmware. If it doesn't turn back on by itself, press power once to turn it on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still not working
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Must not have any idea what to do next. If you think of anything please let me know. will not be on the line often as have 5 grand children to look after and have not the time to sit at the computer waiting for answers. thanks for your help. hope to hear from you soon.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Good morning, and sorry I missed you last night. Please keep in mind I'm a human, not a computer, and am located in the US, so I was offline for the night when you have been replying. The final step that I requested of you, by rebooting via computer, was the only remaining option. You can attempt it again, but lack of success there will leave only the possibility of an internal hardware fault. There is no further resolution to be attempted, and at that point the kindle would require repairs. In general, they are not worth fixing though as a replacement kindle is often less costly than the repairs. In that event, your best recourse will be to contact Amazon kindle service directly, at 001(###) ###-#### Even if past the warranty, Amazon usually has very good customer service, and will often offer a credit/trade in toward a new or refurbished kindle model.When you receive your replacement kindle, once it is registered and connected to wifi, all of your existing books/purchases will sync to the new kindle, so you won’t lose any of the content you’ve previously purchased.