Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

I'm Linda. One of my Kindle paperwhites' screen cracked. Is there any way

Customer Question

Hi I'm Linda. One of my Kindle paperwhites' screen cracked. Is there any way that I can get it fixed? How long will it take?
Category: E-Readers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought I was talking to a place that would repair my kindle. Guess not. I do not need advice. I need a place to get it fixed. Please refund my money. Thanks.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Linda. While I can't fix the kindle for you directly, I can give you some valuable advise on it.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
This is possible to fix, but is generally not practical to do so. The entire panel (screen assembly) and digitizer (touch sensor) components will have to be replaced.The cost of the parts to do this are nearly as much as a new kindle (about 80% of the cost), and the labor will easily double that, as most shops will have a minimum labor charge of $75 or 1 hour shop time. With this factored in, it is almost always more feasible to replace the kindle entirely with a new one, since you can get a brand new paperwhite for as little as $100 (refurbished): http://amzn.to/1KcQdQt In that event, your best recourse will be to contact Amazon kindle service directly, at 866\321\8851. While this type of damage isn't covered by warranty, Amazon usually has very good customer service, and will often offer a credit/trade in toward a new or refurbished kindle model.When you receive your replacement kindle, once it is registered and connected to wifi, all of your existing books/purchases will sync to the new kindle, so you won’t lose any of the content you’ve previously purchased. If you prefer repairs though, let me know your zip and I'll be happy to advise on the closest repair option for you. Best regards,Nathan