Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My Kindle is not working. I order a book and it did not show

Customer Question

My Kindle is not working. I order a book and it did not show up on the home page. It is asking for a password ***** not accepting the one I normally use.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems.
PLEASE READ THIS IN IT'S ENTIRETY BEFORE RATING:
The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 25 seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot. If this does not cure the issue, oftentimes the reset procedure needs to be repeated several times for it to force a reboot.
If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.
NOTE:
_____
This clears up the issues you're having 90% of the times, but in the rare case that it does not, the problem may go deeper than a software issue. If this is the case, please reply back with the specific model number off of the back of the Kindle, and also how long you've had the Kindle for, and I will continue to assist you.
If you need further assistance let me know. Please keep in mind that we are all independent Techs on here, working on our own time, and are only credited a portion of the deposit one we are rated POSITIVELY.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have rebooted 4 times and it is still not working.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Can you reply back to what I've asked under the "NOTE:" section?