Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Kindle Paperwhite or ereader DpSedi. Repair needed

Customer Question

Kindle Paperwhite or ereader DpSedi. Repair needed for port on device
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. If the unit is within one year from the date of purchase, Amazon will replace the reader for free if you contact them. All of your previously downloaded content will automatically transfer to the new reader when you connect it to your PC. If the device is over one year from the date of purchase, then a third party repair service such as the one at the link below is your option. You can contact and send it directly to the company at the following link: http://www.missionrepair.com/Kindle_Repair_Amazon_Kindle_Repair_s/476.htm Average cost for repairs is typically in the $80 range- and given this, another alternative might be considering the purchase of a refurbished unit through Amazon. They start at about the same cost as repairing a unit, and the turnaround would be quicker to get a Kindle back into your hands. Kindle Refurbs: http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=s9_acss_bw_hsb_ODSADOBB_s3_n?_encoding=UTF8&ie=UTF8&node=8759467011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-2&pf_rd_r=13C7H4K0HXYFJTSC3TD1&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1983133062&pf_rd_i=8497978011 If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Are you able to see my reply?