Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

The power plug on my old style Nook Reader is damaged and I

Customer Question

The power plug on my old style Nook Reader is damaged and I can't charge it. I have at least $1,000 worth of books I have purchased in the past four years, some from the UK and some from the US.
Is it possible to replace the power plug? If not, how do I recover the books which I have purchased over the years.
Carol Gilmer
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello Carol, and sorry you're having problems. First off, the Nook can be repaired and all of your downloaded content will still be on the device. The folks at the link below specialize in E-Reader repairs and can tackle this request for you: http://www.portatronics.com/index.php?cat=c164_B-N-nook-1.html If you decide to purchase a new Nook, you don't have to worry about losing the books on your current Nook. Any book you download or buy from the Barnes and Noble Marketplace is automatically added to your Barnes and Noble online account. This means that all of your books are always available for download to a new device. Therefore, to transfer your Nook books to a new Nook, all you have to do is perform a synchronization between the Nook and your Barnes and Noble account. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Do you need further assistance with this?