Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

Since I changed from AT&T to Xfinity, I can't get my books

Customer Question

Since I changed from AT&T to Xfinity, I can't get my books ordered from Amazon to my Kindle. Amazon has charged my credit card.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Have you set up the kindle on your new xfinity wifi network?If not, do you know your wifi network name/password?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
csfowler27
Abby7555
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ATT said I could keep my***@******.*** as E Mail address
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
The email address has nothing to do with this. If you switched to xfinity they would have replaced your modem and typically your router. That means you have a new wifi network and have to set the kindle up on that network.Touch at the top of the kindle screen to bring up the toolbar/menu, then touch Wifi (wireless). Scan for networks, choose your new xfinity network, and enter your xfinity wifi password. It should then connect to the amazon server and download your books. You may need to press the SYNC button first to initiate that.Let me know if you get stuck.Nathan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Security error etc. Won't work . Ben trying that before. What's the SYNC button?
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Then you aren't properly connected to your new network. You're either picking the wrong network or using the wrong password.The sync function is irellavant at this point - nothing will work until you connect to the new wifi correctly. Unless you personally configured the new router it is highly unlikely that the network name is csfowler27 or that the pass is Abby7555.
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
I can check your router settings for you to help you find the correct network/password.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That would be great
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Please accept the remote support offer I sent, and we can then get started.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No thanks, I've paid you $28.00 already haven't I? I will call Comcast
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is satisfaction guaranteed?
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
You have not paid me anything. You've paid a deposit with the site. I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in a good faith effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. I am only paid for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I can give you some basic guidance, but with all due respect you likely won't be able to complete the necessary steps yourself to access the router configuration, or you would have done it already. The initial fee covers this chat format only. The remote service is an additional option. I offered the remote session as that is the only reliable way to get the information you need. If you prefer to call comcast you can certainly do so, but you'll most likely have to pay them considerably more to have a tech back out to configure your network for you. If you prefer to go that route you may request a refund from customer service.Best regards,Nathan